Thursday, April 24, 2008

Turning The Other Cheek

It has been my experience in past business relationships that, when parting company or severing business ties for whatever the reason, tact and professionalism is key. To simply say “Things just aren’t working out and so I think it’s best we part ways”. This was not the case with someone recently.

Instead I was sliced and diced by someone who I not only had a working relationship with; but, over time, I allowed this person to become part of my family. I don’t allow too many people to get this close to me personally. He has no family of his own. Apparently nor does he have any social skills. He clearly has life-long issues, is hurt by some sick form of jealousy and has decided to attack me. Childishly calling me some particularly hurtful and nasty names. He’s said some terribly hurtful things. Things that have caused me deep pain. Saying that it is what I do with my mouth and my pussy that keeps me owning men. Just for the record, I’m not lacking in the self-esteem department when it comes to intelligence, thank you. I’m quite confident that I can hold a man’s attention purely based on conversation. All while fully dressed.

Instead of lashing back, I’ll make a delicate attempt at turning the other cheek.

It hurts deeply; but that hurt is healing each time I’m contacted by another professional who is eager to work with me or for me. Contacted by others who have worked with me in the past and are excited at the prospect of working with me again. They know I’m professional and don’t resort to low blows the way this person has. My experience speaks for itself. And this is simply one bitter, angry person whose issues are not my own.

No comments: