Monday, February 18, 2008

Learning The Ropes

I've come to understand how to deal with the shoe issue better. It helps to bring two pairs of shoes. Let one pair wear on you for a while and, if they should begin to hurt your feet in some place, put on the other pair that wrap around the feet in another place. I actually haven't had to do that though. I worked last night. My second "weekend night", from 6pm to 3am. And, aside from having lost a little feeling in the bottom of my left foot for several days now, my feet are pretty good today. It's my knees that are the problem. All that glucosamine isn't enough. When I've been on my feet for a while and I go to do a squat...you know...the little sexy poses with hands on the knees...I've found that coming back up doesn't always feel quite as...sexy...as going down. So I've propped pillows under my knees this morning while I have my latte and am giving my bones some much needed tlc. I'm seeing and feeling the benefits of this exercise already. It's been amazing on the top of the thigh muscles. Doing yoga always benefited my upper body (among other places) without it ever feeling like work. And the results were apparent and amazing. But any lower body work seemed like, well, work. And I was lazy. This job has been good for me in that I'm paid to work my tail off. I've dropped most issues I have with my ass. Now that I've had as many men (even some women) giving such positive feedback on it when I'm up there shaking my tail feathers and have gotten tipped so handsomely, I realize it may not actually be as bad as I'd thought. Quite the contrary. I could do worse.

No comments: